Date (range): On Demand Webinar Format
Time: On your schedule!
Fee: $175 (On Demand Seminar) with $90 rate for ODA Members
$350 Live Session
Payment plan available. Scholarship Opportunities For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org OR 503-407-4732
Registration: Sign Up Online
Prerequisite: Birth Doula Training Need training? Sign up to become a doula here.
THREE PARTS COMBINED:
6 credit hour of Trauma Informed Care
6 hours of Cultural Competency
6 hours of Interprofessional Collaborative Practice/HIPAA
- Cultural Sensitivity for Birth Workers (6 hrs);
- Collaborative Interprofessional Practice with the birth team (6 hrs);
- Trauma Informed Care for Birth Workers (6 hrs);
- Health Information and Privacy (HIPAA)(1 hr);
- Oral health (1hr) in pregnancy
- Ongoing cohort support in how to apply for the Traditional Health Worker – Doula State Registry
- You will receive the require certificates at the end of evaluation forms. The links will be emailed to you upon purchase (or by next business day).
For more about the Oregon Health Authority THW Doula State Registry, visit the oregon.gov site.
This training is based on principles of a community doula model and the Oregon Health Authorities THW designation of doula support. It is also a DONA International Approved Training. We aim to identify interested trainees, doulas, community health workers and community members from Oregon Communities. A full scholarship is available by application for qualifying attendees.
The training will include physical, emotional, informational support in the prenatal, birth and immediate postpartum period. Featuring comfort measures, labor positioning, navigating interventions, newborn characteristics, feeding support and postpartum recovery.
Doulas trained in this program will be able to support communities that experience significant health disparities, and provide free (state reimbursed) doula services to birthing people and their families from that community in addition to being in their own private practice.