"Creating a Culture of Nurturing — one baby, one family, & one doula at a time."
Lamaze Childbirth Education
As a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE), you join more than 2,100 certified educators throughout the world that are arming their expectant parents with evidence-based knowledge to make them informed and prepared.
3 Steps to Becoming Certified
1. Study with the Lamaze Educator Learning Guide
2. Take the Lamaze Accredited Educator Workshop (with Mother Tree!)
3. Apply, Take and Pass the Lamaze Certification Exam
Six Healthy Birth Practices
We promote 6 healthy birth practices:
- Let labor begin on its own
- Walk, move around, and change positions throughout labor
- Bring a loved-one, friend, or doula for continuous support
- Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
- Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body’s urges to push
- Keep mother and baby together; it’s best for mother baby, and breastfeeding
Mother Tree International offers a Lamaze Approved Educator Training and Childbirth Classes for expectant parents.
The Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE) credential is internationally respected and the only childbirth educator program that has passed rigorous standards set by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
The Lamaze certification program has been designed to meet the highest professional standards, with quality education offerings that help candidates develop as skilled, trusted LCCE educators.
LCCE Educator Competencies
- Promotes the childbearing experience as a normal, natural, and healthy process which profoundly affects women and their families.
- Assists women and their families to discover and to use strategies to facilitate normal, natural, and healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and early parenting.
- Helps women and their families to understand how complications and interventions influence the normal course of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and early postpartum.
- Provides information and support that encourages attachment between babies and their families.
- Assists women and their families to make informed decisions for childbearing.
- Acts as an advocate to promote, support, and protect natural, safe and healthy birth.
- Designs, teaches, and evaluates a course in Lamaze preparation that increases a woman’s confidence and ability to give birth
Passion For Birth - Lamaze Childbirth Educator Training
Have you ever sat through a boring class that made you want to turn off the camera, snooze or sneak glimpses of your phone?
This Passion For Birth sponsored workshop will help you stomp out boring childbirth classes. Three full days of hands-on all-ages learning exercises, teaching strategies, games, and hundreds of ideas for engaging content will fully prepare you to offer innovative, fun, creative and engaging classes to families in the childbearing year — and beyond!
What you will learn
- learning exercises, teaching strategies and games
- ideas for engaging content
- step on in the Lamaze Childbirth Educator journey
“I can not say enough good things about Jesse Remer’s teaching style. I enjoyed the diversity in hands-on activities, ranging from games, conversations, and movies. By far my best adult learning!!!”
— Workshop Participant
Childbirth Educator Trainings
The Stork Club Approach to impact the Maternal Health Crisis By: Ellen Tilden, PhD, CNM, FACNM, FAAN (she/her) and Jesse Remer Doula CD/BDT(DONA), PCD/PDT(DONA) LCCE, FACCE (she/her) United States Maternal Health is in Crisis The most common reason that